Sunday, September 28, 2014

Super full Moon August 10 2014

    The other night while I was preparing to do a little full moon ceremony for the 'super' full moon, I was thinking about what to do, what I would need. I thought a pretty bowl of water, my crystals and stones....I thought I should take my round mirror to be 'energized' by the full moon. I didn't really know why I would think about that, but I did, so I took it out and set it on the table with the rest. I was thrilled to see there would be a clear sky, and happy that the girl next door joined me as the moon was rising. I didn't know her very well so I felt ever so slightly that I should explain why I had a mirror on my table for the moon.
This is more or less what I told us.
    I brought the mirror to be blessed by the moon, for  reflection is her essence. The moon is made in such a way that her power is to reflect the sun. She is  our guide and teacher, because we are made in such a way that we can not see ourselves, we can never know how we really appear in the world. Therefore how we see ourselves is dependent upon how we are reflected by our environment, and very specifically how we are reflected by each other.
    Our blessing and our bane is that we ARE reflected by each other. How we see ourselves is dependent on how others see us, and reflect what they see. This is the source of our great misunderstanding, for we can only reflect others with the clarity we possess within ourselves. Like the moon our light is only as clear or dark as the clouds that drift across her face. At times it is bright and beautiful at times it is dense darkness.
    It is for this reason we must seek clarity within ourselves. It is the 'one within' looking out that we must know. The reason for seeking. The quest. When you look into a mirror it is the one who sees, not the one who is seen. Vanity is born of looking at the image, for the image is ever changing, and is ever only an appearance. Clarity is born of looking into the windows where you are looking out.
    We spend our time in this maze we name life, seeking the answers within the face of others. We can not help this, it is the way we are made, which means we are led down many paths and each of these paths lead us to growing within, for good or ill, it changes us, so each time we look at the 'one looking' the truth will be new.
    The struggles and strife's we experience are from within and cause us to reflect these into the reflection we provide to everyone who comes into contact with us, in the same way the moon is covered and dimmed by rain clouds passing her face. It does not change her light, her light is simply not visible to us watching. In the same way who we truly are becomes clouded and invisible to ourselves and to each other. For when we look into a mirror it is the image we look at, it is the image we have come to believe as the definition of who we are. The one who is seen rather than the one who sees.
    This is no small amount of dust on the mirror. From the moment of our birth we look into the eyes of someone else to learn who and what we are. Most of us see first the bright love reflected in the face of our mother, but for many that love is made  clouded and not visible by fear and uncertainty. So begins our walk into the maze that will become our 'life'. Layer upon layer of misinformation, and clouded obscured versions of ourselves are reflected by others who have misinformed and clouded obscured versions of themselves........
    So I guess I brought the mirror so I could look at myself in her light. Just for a change of perspective.
 She said "wow I never thought of it that way".  I said " actually, neither did I".
    From this I learned that, You truly are loved by something great! You truly ARE something great! it is only that at times the rain clouds need to pass by. When you look into a mirror look deep into the windows for the one who is looking. And when you look at ANYone let your light shine, for they really do depend upon you to see the good in them.         
  And next time you see the moon,  ask her 'who am I really?'.

By Linda Nicholas

No comments:

Post a Comment