Friday, January 17, 2014

Winter Solstice 2013

Winter Solstice 2013
I had such a hard time finding the energy of this Winter Solstice Turning. Solstice fell on a saturday. Our feast is on the eve before, as the beginning of the longest night. This is how I personally have it worked out, not to say it is the only one that makes sense.  On Monday before I was in dispair of being capable of carring it out at all. Even by Thursday night I only loosly had a direction. The 'power' feels subtle and illusive. The only thing that keeps coming back is that this Winter Solstice is about the Dark. Specifically not evil! About dark and the gifts offered or made possabe by the dark. The velvet quiet, the smooth excitment, the thrill of the darkness. The living breathing expectation and exaltation of senses other than sight.
This notion came from a idea I got about this Turning at 4am Solstice Eve. I awoke, and laying there in warm comfort I asked again what is the message I should offer to my family and friends. I saw: a workshop type circle of people sitting in chairs. Once everyone is settled I ask for the lights to be turned off. Then sitting in total darkness I introduce our guest speaker. This person was born totally blind. Never in her/his life has she seen light. This person is here to share with us  a bit about what reality is constructed of with out light. 
Try this: Sitting in TOTAL darkness, begin making a list of references to light.
* "Look" at that!
* I "See" as an understanding.
* I had a "Vision"
* The "Light" bulb of idea goes on
* Colors,   Any colors.
Pay attention. what do you feel, and hear,  smell and taste
Then Keep this idea in mind as you go about your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment